[time-nuts] Re: GPSDO/GNSSDO project: STM32G4 + u-blox ZED-F9T + TDC7200

Dan Kemppainen dan at irtelemetrics.com
Tue Aug 16 12:42:46 UTC 2022

Hi,

I think we've seen what you are talking about, at least on different
models.

What we saw working on a GPSDO was a 10.24nS wrap error, where the sign
of the saw tooth correction shows up wrong. These were with the LEA-6T
and M8 series modules. The solution was to check any 10.24nS correction
values, and look for a ~20nS step change in corrected PPS compared to
the OCXO. If changing the sign on the correction made more sense, run
with the changed value.

Seems like with everything set up correctly, this happened about once a
week to once a month. However that was over half a dozen years ago, and
I'm going by memory.

How often are you seeing them?

Dan