[time-nuts] Re: Seeking info on Ericsson NCD 901 56/1 devices

Peter Bell bell.peter at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 13:50:54 UTC 2022

I've been playing with some of the GPS 03 01 modules and here's a quick
hack to get them working with
Lady Heather.

Unfortunately, it does require opening the module up and some soldering,
but it's not very complex.  Start by
removing the 33R series termination resistor on pin 42 of the STM32F105,
then solder a wire between the pad
for the far end of the resistor (I.E. the one not connected to the STM32)
and pin 17 on the Trimble module.

This results in RJ11 port #1 operating as before (I.E. Ericsson flavored
NMEA), but RJ11 port #2 now outputs
TSIP at 38400 baud.  The downside is you have no control over the receiver
, since it's still being driven by the
STM32.