[time-nuts] Re: DOXCO from Z3801

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Wed Dec 7 22:34:31 UTC 2022

Hi

The idea of an unheated cell tower was indeed what they headed towards when this oven
was “designed”. Turns out there is a *lot* of hardware in a cell site that is very much not happy
at all when it gets below freezing. That killed the idea of the -40 degree cell tower on top of a
telephone pole dead. However it was to late for the initial version that HP came up with. They
stuck with the heater.

On a true double oven. The outer oven improves stability. It is set up along with the inner oven
and the design is optimized for both ovens. That’s not at all the case with this oven. It’s just a
warmup heater. It actually makes the stability of the device worse in most cases. Yes that sounds
crazy. For all the deep math and examples of just *why* this is true …. head over to Rick’s set
of papers. It’s all in there …..

Bob