[time-nuts] Re: DOXCO from Z3801

ed breya eb at telight.com
Thu Dec 8 06:30:05 UTC 2022

Hi Bob,

Can you please be more specific about this? I have a Z3801A project, and
have always assumed the double-oven is a good thing. If it's actually
detrimental, then I'd like to know more. I searched a bit in this
direction, but found nothing to support this view. If it's actually bad,
then I can delete it with a pull of a connector. It's a great
simplification if true.

Reference message:

"On a true double oven. The outer oven improves stability. It is set up
along with the inner oven
and the design is optimized for both ovens. That’s not at all the case
with this oven. It’s just a
warmup heater. It actually makes the stability of the device worse in
most cases. Yes that sounds
crazy. For all the deep math and examples of just *why* this is true
…. head over to Rick’s set
of papers. It’s all in there ….."

Ed