[time-nuts] Re: DOXCO from Z3801 (Bob kb8tq)

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Fri Dec 9 16:30:37 UTC 2022

Hi

To do a proper conversion, the first thing you need is a proper temperature test setup.
Most TimeNuts do not have a full up chamber system to do even the most basic runs
required. Next step would be to remove the existing heaters and sensor, then move them
around to get them to work a bit better. This also might involve changing things in the
inside of the OCXO as well.

Simply put, you are now building a double oven from scratch. That’s a fun thing to do.
Getting it right is not at all easy.

Bob