[time-nuts] Re: Datum PRS-50 monitoring software

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Fri Dec 30 20:22:31 UTC 2022

Stu,

My cache of Monitor (1997), Monitor2 (2008), and Monitor3 (2010)
programs from Datum / Symmetricom is here:

http://leapsecond.com/museum/prs-50/

I agree about the RS232 format. When the first few guesses don't work I
write a script to try standard baud rates from 1200 to 115200, each of
the 4 parity choices, and both 7 and 8 bit. That's 64 tests but let the
computer do it for you and come back in a few minutes to see the result.
That assumes you have the right Rx/Tx pins, which should be checked
independently. I have several instruments that choose 7E rather than 8N.

/tvb