[time-nuts] Re: Efratom FRK with "inoperative lamp"

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 10:50:25 UTC 2022

Julien
Sorry to here.
Yes that 3V reading is telling you there is most likely no light.
The rb requires 2 things to effectively work to illuminate the photocell.
Lamp ignition and the correct lamp temp.
On less expensive units its possible to see if the lamp is lit as the
assembly pulls out and the rf assembly is still attached. Do not know if
you can do that on the FRK.
I would see if the lamp ignites and they do run hot.
Good luck.
Paul
WB8TSL