[time-nuts] Re: HP Z3801A project update

Hal Murray halmurray at sonic.net
Fri Feb 4 05:40:40 UTC 2022

> The date issue is a 1024 week rollover failure in the GPS receiver. A fix is
> to replace the GPS receiver with one that does not have this problem.

You can also fix your software to add 1024 weeks until the date is past a
magic constant.  If your tools support it, you can get that date as the build
date from when you compiled your software.

The simpler approach is to tell the Z3801A that magic date.  The format is in
the manual.  I seem to remember that the actual dance that worked for me was
more complicated.  Something like
  disconnect antenna
  power cycle
  set date