[time-nuts] Re: HP Z3801A project update

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Sat Feb 5 23:32:43 UTC 2022

The Z3801As that I have seen have the Motorola Oncore VP 6-channel
receiver which I think predates the UT+, and all have had the rollover
issue.

The problem with swapping in another unit is that unless it sufficiently
imitates the VP at startup, the Z3801A will throw an error and never get
to locked state.

Of course, many of the old units still work fine except for the rollover
providing a bogus date, and external software can easily correct that.

John
----