[time-nuts] Re: poor mans environmental control for time servers (with pictures)

Eric Scace read at scace.org
Mon Feb 7 14:46:17 UTC 2022

   My brother, who worked on gas impurity metrology at NIST, tipped me off to another useful temperature control guideline: 2-3 cm of styrofoam adds about an order of magnitude to the time needed for external environmental temperature change to penetrate into a chamber.

   E.g., If one sees an environmental 1º rise resulting in ½º rise internally after 10 minutes, adding that layer of styrofoam will roughly stretch that time out to 100 minutes… or 1000 minutes with double the thickness.