[time-nuts] Re: PLL subharmonic spurs

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Mon Feb 7 21:34:12 UTC 2022

Hi

On a lot of PLL’s noise is as much an issue as discrete spikes
( = spurs ). If one widens the definition out to include noise then
things get even more complicated.

Simulation !!! There are free programs out there and “pay” stuff
as well. If you are starting from scratch, they likely will catch a
lot of things you would have missed.

Bob