[time-nuts] Re: Tonga effect on GPS

glen english LIST glenlist at cortexrf.com.au
Tue Feb 8 20:05:58 UTC 2022

I work closely with the Australia Bureau of Meteorology , I am the  RF
Space Weather technical lead. (contractor)

The papers are being readied for publication right now.

Here is one of the papers, NOT Peer reviewed yet

https://www.essoar.org/doi/10.1002/essoar.10510350.1

you can download the PDF free at that page. It's not a closed academic
paywall (dont get me started)

There was a substantial discussion in the space weather circles. ALl the
big swinging dongers of the spave weather and physics community have
been involved

The TEC didnt change too much at distances of 2000km. 'We' have a
ionosonde at Nuie , which is just over the 0 meridian, not far away.