[time-nuts] Re: Garmin GPS 25 Module

Andy Talbot andy.g4jnt at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 15:57:22 UTC 2022

Yes, I had to disable the GSV sentence to get the data flow down to a level
that could be sent at the lower speed.
I'm only using  GPRMC, so all the others could be removed as well, but as
GPRMC comes first in the block every second, there's nothing to be gained
from killing any of the others sentences.

I did fall foul once of a changed format.   Originally I wrote for an RMC
string that just gave integer seconds.   On using my code with a later
module it failed, and I spotted that it was sending decimal seconds, so had
to rewrite my PIC code to cope with that.
Then later, using other module types, GPRMC became GNRMC to cope with
Glonass etc. so that was another change needed.

Andy
www.g4jnt.com