[time-nuts] W.E. 38C oscillator

JC johnk0gcj at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 17:02:29 UTC 2022

Growing dangerously close to the ripe old age of 80 and it becoming obvious
that I have little to no chance of regaining my youth, I am in the process
of
separating the treasures I have collected into piles, primarily items that
I may
have time to play with and those that I have little time for.
I have discovered a pair of Western Electric 38C oscillators that are
marked
Freq. 1024.000 KC. Having worked in the computer industry for 30 years, I
suspect the frequency was my motivation in saving them. Anyone know anything
about them, where they were used and for what? They have an ovenized
oscillator, well insulated(for the time), and a compartment with several
phenolic
hardwired boards. A Google search turns up nothing.

John K0GCJ