[time-nuts] Re: Current-day GPS timing receivers

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Tue Feb 15 17:19:29 UTC 2022

Larry Gadallah <lgadallah at gmail.com> writes:

> I'm thinking of reviving a long dead project to build a GPSDO. The last
> time I looked, state of the art for GPS receivers was things like the
> Motorola Oncore UT+ or the Trimble Resolution T. It's been 10 years (at
> least). What better options, if any, are available today?

Read this paper

  https://hamsci.org/sites/default/files/publications/2020_TAPR_DCC/N8UR_GPS_Evaluation_August2020.pdf

and this is a talk by the author (which I haven't seen, but surely is
worth watching).

  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M5ayYDh6zY

I'm not saying that will answer all your questions, but I think you'll
be glad you read it.