[time-nuts] Re: Current-day GPS timing receivers

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Sun Feb 20 00:15:02 UTC 2022

Hi

> On Feb 19, 2022, at 6:59 PM, Larry Gadallah <lgadallah at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> After poring over the several valuable references people have posted
> here, it seems that even the common commercial GPSDOs have
> implementation problems, so it seems like there's no (financially
> viable) off the shelf solution.

The “typical” commercial GPSDO ( regardless of who made it and for whom)
is the result of years of work and some very exotic verification gear. If indeed
the goal is to do “much better than” what is commercially available, just the
cost of the test bench will be pretty amazing ( like > $100K .. at “eBay” prices
 …. yikes …. ).

Bob