[time-nuts] Re: HP Z3801A project update

Hal Murray halmurray at sonic.net
Fri Feb 25 00:32:15 UTC 2022

paulswedb at gmail.com said:
> Internally there was a mod that allowed the 3801 to output true rs 232.
> Numbers of jumpers as I recall. Like 8 or 10.

Jeff Mock wrote up a nice description of how to do it, with good pictures.
  https://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Support/Z3801AReceiverModifications

You can do it easily without installing the moveable jumpers and the pins they
connect to.  I think it's an a 3x8 array.  The board comes with several 0 ohm
resistors that you have to remove to use those jumpers.  Move the the 0 phm
resistors rather than remove them.  You will have to look around a bit to
figure out where they should go.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.