[time-nuts] GPSDO - GPS1300-10-1000 by RFX Ltd. UK

John Moran, Scawby Design john at scawbydesign.co.uk
Mon Feb 28 13:26:01 UTC 2022

With all this interesting talk about -

a) How hard it was to build a GPSDO from scratch and
b) How, to measure a signal accurately, you need a reference circa 10x better

I started to get worried since I want to do both. To help with the latter I have acquired an HP5370A that just needs picking up from Scotland, where I was hoping to maybe pick up some surplus oscillators as well. But the 10x specs in the discussions got me worried enough to look around for a known good GPSDO rather than buying a bag-full from China and trying to sort out a good one.

I found this -

https://www.rfx.co.uk/pdfs/GPS_OCXO_1300_10_module.pdf

and have been quoted £500 as a special deal (they normally have a £1,000 minimum one-off charge).

Can anyone please pass some sort of judgement on whether its specs are good enough to stand in as my master reference until I can find a Rubidium device on this side of the pond.

John