[time-nuts] Re: High precision OCXO supplier for end costomers

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Mon Jan 10 11:35:17 UTC 2022

On Mon, 10 Jan 2022 08:26:26 +0000 (UTC)
Norman Reitz via time-nuts <time-nuts at lists.febo.com> wrote:

> I am looking for suppliers of high-quality OCXO in 10 Mhz (sine / square) and 25 Mhz sine wave output.

Try contacting Bernd Neubig at Axtal. He is a fellow time-nut and likely to be
open to supply you with what you need.

That said, are yo sure you need such stringend phase noise requirements?
It's audio. Nobody is going to hear whether the noise is -60dBc or -80dBc @ 1Hz,
much less -120dBc. As you have noticed, what you want is not readily available.
There are only a handful OCXO available that reach that level. One of them is
the famous Oscilloquartz 8607 and its successor the Rakon HSO13/HSO14. But be prepared
to pay the price of a small car for each of them. And there is the NEL ULPN OCXO 1714a,
but I don't know how much that one costs.

				Attila Kinali

--
In science if you know what you are doing you should not be doing it.
In engineering if you do not know what you are doing you should not be doing it.