[time-nuts] Re: High precision OCXO supplier for end costomers

Norman Reitz norman_reitz at yahoo.de
Mon Jan 10 17:07:17 UTC 2022

 Hi Stefan,
Bernd said it allready. If you once notice the result of a "better" clock with lower phase noise, you dont want to miss it anymore. Even if there is a lot of vodoo and pseudo-sciences in the audio sector - and audio-nuts can talk  hours about things no scientist ever heard about. But the improvement of phase noise is not an imagination. We are not talking about making something just "work".
In worst case, phase noise can lead to bit errors. better/lower phase noise clocks will produce a better musical flow, better dynamics, better representation of details and details that were notbeeing noticed before. And don't forget - the quality of the power supply is not entirely unimportant ;-)
kind regards
Norman
    Am Montag, 10. Januar 2022, 15:52:59 MEZ hat Stefan Heinzmann <stefan_heinzmann at gmx.de> Folgendes geschrieben:

 I'm curious, too, what kind of audio application requires this level of
phase noise performance, and why.

Cheers
Stefan