[time-nuts] Re: Vectron 380 teardown

Lux, Jim jim at luxfamily.com
Sat Jan 15 15:01:36 UTC 2022

On 1/14/22 3:40 PM, Bob kb8tq wrote:
> Hi
>
> The design traces back to the Efratom “EMXO” from the 1980’s.
> Vectron bought the rights to that design and produced examples
> of it for about a decade or so.
>
> Bob

I flew a 100MHz EX-421 in space on a cubesat - same series of tiny OCXOs
- except the EX421 is a bit smaller foot print and taller. it's about
the size of a US sugar cube (13x13 mm and 10mm tall). Low power for an
OCXO, and small, both of which were important. And the phase noise was
decent. They weren't too expensive (a few hundred $ each, as I recall -
non space grade).