[time-nuts] Re: HP105B

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.se
Mon Jan 17 11:25:57 UTC 2022

Hi,

On 2022-01-17 08:42, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> --------
> Magnus Danielson via time-nuts writes:
>
>> No, not for HP.
> Somewhere on one of the HP memory webpages there is a presentation
> where somebody claims the longest lived HP product is a particular
> microwave gadget, I seem to recall it being a directional coupler.

There is several such gadgets that very well can be the longest HP
(/Agilent/Keysight) product, but I raised the one they highlighted
themselves, and it has a lifetime longer than mentioned for the 105. I
think one should be careful to separate measurement instruments and
gadgets, nothing wrong with either, but the former tends to have shorter
life-cycle than the later can have.

I have a pair of HP200CD, really enjoy them for what they are, but they
rarely come to use.

Cheers,
Magnus