[time-nuts] Re: HP Z3801A project update

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 22:15:36 UTC 2022

Ed thats quite a story and good to read.
But a bit hard to follow to actually answer your question that appears not
to need a answer now.
The diode switch makes sense. But I think you need another diode to stop
the converter from seeing the large filter cap. A thought at least.
Switching converters can become unstable when a large capacitor is added.
My 2 cents.
The other thing I have done is use an actual relay for isolation and a
holdup cap after the relay. Pretty simple and very safe. Relay dropouts
about 250 ms or less.
Regards
Paul