[time-nuts] Re: Another reason to monitor line frequency :) - My AC measurement project & question

Robert LaJeunesse lajeunesse at mail.com
Sat Jan 22 03:00:45 UTC 2022

Stick with the transformer. The use of a capacitive divider is predicated on the line waveform always being a sine wave. Dream on! All it takes is one good spike down the line, maybe only 20-30V amplitude, and your capacitive divider passes it right on to that ADC that has a much lower (3.3V?) limit. Guess what goes poof?

Bob L.