[time-nuts] Re: Looking at ultra precise 50 km-100 km Electronic Distance Measurement.

Hal Murray halmurray at sonic.net
Sat Jan 22 21:36:12 UTC 2022

The USGS used to measure the distance between a couple of mountains in the Bay
Area using laser ranging.  They were ballpark of 100km apart on opposite sides
of much of the faulting in the area.  I took a quick google search and didn't
find anything.  The part I remember is that they flew a helicopter along the
path to measure temperature to correct the speed of light.

I think they currently use good GPS.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.