No subject

Mon Jan 31 21:32:08 UTC 2022

best method to do this decimation both for phase and frequency measurement
and that modeling of the reference clock or other factors influencing the
counters is possible but will become very complex very soon. Making a good
event counter is still difficult
The reason to go for the two captured counters is because I assume it is
the most simple way to relate phase and frequency of a repeating event to a
reference clock, in particular given the abilities of modern
microcontrollers. If this assumption is wrong let me know.
I will study the calculation method by Magnus as it may increase the
obtainable speed of the underlying observation.