[time-nuts] Re: Should a double oven XO be thermally isolated or just draft protected?

Dr. David Kirkby drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Fri Jul 1 22:14:05 UTC 2022

On Fri, 1 Jul 2022 at 22:49, Hal Murray <halmurray at sonic.net> wrote:

> I think the 5370B has a fan so a shroud to keep the air currents away from
> the
> OCXO seems like a good idea.
>
> Is there a fan in the 5352B?
>
> Yes there is.  But the 5352B runs a lot quieter and cooler than a 5370B,
which would suggest that not as much air is being blown around inside the
frequency counter. There’s not even a heatsink on the back of the frequency
counter

I see your other comment about drafts. It got me thinking that my HP GPS
frequency standard is probably located in about the worst possible place
for drafts - right below the air conditioning unit. I will look at moving
 that.

Dave.
--
Dr. David Kirkby,
Kirkby Microwave Ltd,
drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
https://www.kirkbymicrowave.co.uk/
Telephone 01621-680100./ +44 1621 680100

Registered in England & Wales, company number 08914892.
Registered office:
Stokes Hall Lodge, Burnham Rd, Althorne, Chelmsford, Essex, CM3 6DT, United
Kingdom