[time-nuts] Re: DIY Low offset Phase Noise Analyzer

Erik Kaashoek erik at kaashoek.com
Tue Jul 5 20:04:27 UTC 2022

Why would using a calibrated noise source into a 1Hz per bin FFT not be a
good level check? Just subtract 3 dB due to both widebands folding and you
have a reference.
A noise source should also be great for checking flatness I think.
A noise source at -90dBm/Hz around 10 MHz is cheap on eBay. Calibration can
be done with any SA having noise markers.