[time-nuts] Re: DIY Low offset Phase Noise Analyzer (Erik Kaashoek)

Erik Kaashoek erik at kaashoek.com
Sun Jul 10 07:11:12 UTC 2022

Hi Magnus,
Yes, and it works very well, locking is easier as once locked it nicely
stay's in lock, , even with a slow drift of either the DUT or the
reference. As I could not find a bipolar capacitor the tuning potmeter
has to be kept at the low side to avoid blowing the integration
capacitor. Maybe a back to back series capacitor with pull down resistor
is safer to use.
Will need to update the schematic to show the small improvements.

@Bob,
You mentioned "dual supplies with high voltage" for the first gain
opamp. How much impact would dual voltage bring as its a pain to implement.
I understand everything gets ground reference and you loose the noise of
the buffer opamp but as the first gain opamp is in differential mode for
its input it does not see the noise of the buffer opamp. Or am I making
a mistake?