No subject

Mon Jul 11 13:32:09 UTC 2022

preamp with no pre-selection / filtering.

The ordered and now inbound replacements are said to contain a SAW filter
system. It is the intent of the client to just place these "improved antennas" in
to service and get on with life.

I would suspect a GPS antenna (and receiver) could be subject to RF overload
or blocking, however, we're assuming nothing major has changed at the site, nor
any nearby location.  One might think there are more GPS receivers being pushed
out of reliable operation by the world around them, I'm just not hearing those stories
from a lot of people using them (GPS receivers).

Any new install GPS receiver antenna ordered will/should contain some pre-selection
to potentially avoid a problem, even some years down the road? Seems like that's
where things are going... no more off the shelf, wide band, (hot) preamplified GPS antennas
in busy locations?

Thank you in advance for any related comments and/or opions ...

cheers,

skipp

skipp025 at jah who dot calm