[time-nuts] Re: GPS failed

Carsten Andrich carsten.andrich at tu-ilmenau.de
Mon Jul 11 14:09:08 UTC 2022

The u-blox SAW filtering is great. We've carried out various RF
measurements with +40 dBm EIRP at 2.53 and 3.75 GHz with some u-blox
ANN-MB within <2m of the Tx antennas. While we haven't conducted
in-depth comparisons with a superior ground-truth, my current conclusion
is that the u-blox RTK performance is not (noticeably) affected by
strong out-of-band emissions. Without extensive filtering the Tx power
would likely steamroll any LNA/receiver. Of course, as John pointed out,
this won't help against in-band interference.

Best regards,
Carsten