[time-nuts] Re: GPS failed

Hal Murray halmurray at sonic.net
Mon Jul 11 23:09:49 UTC 2022

Andy Talbot said:
> I also heard a case of a GPS antenna going unstable, oscillating and taking
> out most of the boats in a marina.   The Radio Communications Agency (as our
> enforcement body was then, before it became Ofcom) had to be called out to
> identify the problem.

There was an interesting story about a similar event in GPS World back in Jan
2003
This was from TV antenna amplifiers that were oscillating in/near the GPS band.
It/they took out the Moss Landing (Monterey Bay) harbor.

The Hunt for RFI
  http://gpsworld.com/the-hunt-rfi/
Unjamming a Coast Harbor
James R. Clynch, Andrew A. Parker, George Badger, Wilbur R. Vincent, Paul
McGill, Richard W. Adler

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.