[time-nuts] Re: DIY Low offset Phase Noise Analyzer (Erik, Kaashoek)

Dave B g8kbvdave at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 11 19:24:07 UTC 2022

On 11/07/2022 08:30, time-nuts-request at lists.febo.com wrote:
> I also measured a Marconi 2022 signal generator and it was possible to
> lock but the phase noise was terrible with strong factional PLL spurs.

Indeed, those signal generators are renown for having "some rather
interesting" spectral content...
Around, above and often well below the "desired" signal!

Not entirely surprising though, if you look at the block diagram of one
such.

Regards to All.

Dave G0WBX(G8KBV)

--
Created on and sent from a Unix like PC running and using free and open source software: