[time-nuts] Re: DIY Low offset Phase Noise Analyzer (Erik, Kaashoek)

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Tue Jul 12 04:02:44 UTC 2022

Hi

There are a very small number of signal generators that *might*
help when measuring phase noise on a good source. The “rest
of them” are very much in the “don’t bother” category. Just which
one is in the “maybe” category depends a lot on your frequency
of interest. None of them seem to be very affordable …. wonder

Do useful ones pop up from time to time? Sure they do. They might
require a bit of work to get going. Thanks very much to those who
make them available.

Bob