[time-nuts] Re: DIY Low offset Phase Noise Analyzer (Erik, Kaashoek)

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Wed Jul 13 16:54:06 UTC 2022

Hi

Well, obviously it’s now time to go get some better OCXO’s :) :) :)

One further note: It is tempting to go to multi section lowpass filtering
if you are trying to cover a range of frequencies. You also might try to push
the range of the noise measurement up to higher and higher offsets. There
is a point that all of this gets nutty. Peaking in the audio range is often the
net result. Spice is one way to watch out for it. Sweeping the circuit is
obviously a better way.

Bob