[time-nuts] Re: DIY Low offset Phase Noise Analyzer

Lester Veenstra m0ycm at veenstras.com
Wed Jul 13 18:46:40 UTC 2022

Thanks;
   That’s what I get for not keeping up with the state of the art.
Never the less, for the price (a lot less than the 5-6$ for the good stuff, it remains a viable part. True not LDO, and as I said, not for high power.  Way better than the 78xx-79xx utility solution.

Back in my days of PLL work, my bench was a battery, a 723, or a 78xx.  The 78xx dominated noise, but with the Specans of the time, not much practical difference between a battery and a 723.  However, today, in the "nut " environment, I grant the part can be retired.

Lester B Veenstra  K1YCM  MØYCM  W8YCM   6Y6Y
lester at veenstras.com

452 Stable Ln (HC84 RFD USPS Mail)
Keyser WV 26726

GPS: 39.336826 N  78.982287 W (Google)
GPS: 39.33682 N  78.9823741 W (GPSDO)

Telephones:
Home:                     +1-304-289-6057
US cell                    +1-304-790-9192
Jamaica cell:           +1-876-456-8898