[time-nuts] Re: Looking for OCXO info - MTI 250-0709-B

Lux, Jim jim at luxfamily.com
Tue Jul 19 04:15:27 UTC 2022

On 7/18/22 5:59 PM, ed breya via time-nuts wrote:
> I've been scrounging around in the OCXO department and found two of
> these that I likely pulled from something junked out long ago. I found
> the MTI website, current catalog, model line etc, but of course no
> mention of this specific version, or anything close, numerically. I
> can't make any sense of the sub-model numbers, so assume this was a
> custom version for somebody, or long obsolete. Does anyone know of
> this particular model version, or if there's a "system" to the
> sub-model numbering scheme?
>
> Frequency 10 MHz
> Model 250-0709-B
> Part # 010209-0709
>
> I believe the date codes are 1997 and 1998

MTI-250 is a standard series for Milliren

http://www.mti-milliren.com/pdfs/250.pdf

The catalog (page 20) lists a dozen or so variants (the chart extends to
Page 21) does give some examples, so maybe you can figure out a pattern?

http://www.mti-milliren.com/pdfs/mti_catalog.pdf

Given that there's a series of 0788, 0789, 0790, 0791, 0792, I'd guess
the last 2 digits are a sequential number to successive orders or customers.