[time-nuts] Re: Looking for OCXO info - MTI 250-0709-B

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Tue Jul 19 16:36:13 UTC 2022

Hi

> On Jul 18, 2022, at 7:28 PM, Gerhard Hoffmann via time-nuts <time-nuts at lists.febo.com> wrote:
>
> Am 2022-07-19 2:59, schrieb ed breya via time-nuts:
>> I've been scrounging around in the OCXO department and found two of
>> these that I likely pulled from something junked out long ago. I found
>> the MTI website, current catalog, model line etc, but of course no
>> mention of this specific version, or anything close, numerically. I
>> can't make any sense of the sub-model numbers, so assume this was a
>> custom version for somebody, or long obsolete. Does anyone know of
>> this particular model version, or if there's a "system" to the
>> sub-model numbering scheme?
>> Frequency 10 MHz
>> Model 250-0709-B
>> Part # 010209-0709
>
> The family data sheet states that you can get just about everything
> that fits into the box.
> Someone here on time-nuts tried to get info on a MTI-260 subtype
> and even called them with no real result. Info would only be given
> to the original customer, i.e. nobody, since the customer should
> not have to ask what he had ordered.
> It's in the archives.

MTI is hardly unique in not sending out OEM data sheets. Most outfits
have similar rules. In some cases OEM’s go to pretty great lengths to
assure that nobody can get the specs on the parts they use. The main
idea is that it makes their end products harder to clone. Same thing that
got them dropping schematics from manuals ….

Bob