[time-nuts] Re: Turning off display on HP 58503 A or B

va2hdd at ebox.net va2hdd at ebox.net
Sat Jun 4 00:16:21 UTC 2022

Hi Lon, hello to all members.

In  1995 the art of temperature control was a good bit more advanced,
and a bi-metal thermostat would not be stable enough These ovens have a
semiconductor temperature control; so I would suspect a shorted
transistor.

These failures in OCXO are not that rare, and that is why there are
thermal safety fuses.  And please don't defeat them !

73 from Claude VA2 HDD