[time-nuts] Re: Fixing PN degradation via ADEV measurement

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Sun Jun 19 15:22:36 UTC 2022

Hi

The CNT-91 has a very high noise floor if you are trying to “see”
phase noise. It also does not give you much in the way of frequency
offset information. A single mixer setup running into a sound card
is a *much* better approach if you are looking for another opinion
vs the FSQ8. I have used the CNT 90 and CNT 91’s a lot. I have no
experience with the FSQ8.

Bob