[time-nuts] Re: Knowing when the PPS signal is locked to the satellite.

Sanjeev Gupta ghane0 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 13:48:14 UTC 2022

Dave,

I would suggest using the GPSD project.  The software is aware of, and
corrects, various quirks and gotchas in GPS devices.

You can use anything from polling JSON over telnet to a C API, and it will
reliably report the current mode, precision, etc.  Please see the 'status'
and 'mode' messages here: https://gpsd.gitlab.io/gpsd/gpsd_json.html#_tpv

And the good news is, the authors of the software are on this list :-)

--
Sanjeev Gupta
+65 98551208     http://www.linkedin.com/in/ghane