[time-nuts] Re: What's the best HP OCXO for frequency counter reference?

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 17:38:54 UTC 2022

David
Great comment on power. I used to run everything 24 X 7 also including
various radio sets. That was all fine when Mr. Ready Killowatt (Believe he
worked at a Nuclear Power plant) was 2-3 cents a KW and the only other
charge was a meter rental.
But then the darn rates started going up. Now I have a GPDSO with TCXO with
distribution. Power switches on everything. I can switch better GPDSOs into
the distribution chain if needed. Same with CS and Rb references. But 99%
of the time the TCXO is good enough even from a cold start. That system
when on as I recall is maybe 4 watts. Its not a lot.

I think you nailed it on what may be available in the wild. Hard to say how
good or bad something is. Some sellers will let you check within 30 days.
The question is how good does it have to be to take to a club meeting?
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL