[time-nuts] Re: GPSDO - GPS1300-10-1000 by RFX Ltd. UK

John Moran, Scawby Design john at scawbydesign.co.uk
Tue Mar 1 08:54:34 UTC 2022

David - thanks for the reply, but these seem designed for SDR and I wanted 1pps. Nice and cheap though.

Paul - thanks too; it seems that you are saying that the performance of all GPSDOs are the same, but that wasn't the impression I had got from listening to discussion here. Fine when the thing is locked (except for sawtooth stuff and these hanging bridge things, and digital vs analogue (British) control loops, etc.) but what about hold-up performance when it's not.

So, are they all the same ... or not? If they are, why not buy the cheapest Chinese device available rather than making your own?

John