[time-nuts] Re: HP z3816a DC power supply DIP switches

Sam Bach spbach1234 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 04:10:42 UTC 2022

Yeah, I actually figured the current rating of the printer PSU was going to
be an issue, (Rated at 625mA), but shockingly it seemed to not care much
about 1.1 amps being drawn from it.  I was using a linear PSU before but
unfortunately the 25 amp rated one I have only goes up to 16 volts, not
nearly enough, and the one that goes up to 50 volts is only rated at
500mA.  I have another, beefier printer psu of the same voltage but higher
current I'll probably use in the long run, or I'll pick up a cheap 48v PSU
on eBay which should reduce the input current.

Now my experiments have to wait until the antenna adapter and/or
appropriate cable show up because a GPSDO with no antenna isn't very usable!

Thanks,

Sam