[time-nuts] Re: GPSDO - GPS1300-10-1000 by RFX Ltd. UK

Erik Kaashoek erik at kaashoek.com
Wed Mar 2 07:35:12 UTC 2022

Just happen to be evaluating my own GPSDO design and part of it is
evaluating a cheap GPS module
The measurement done is the phase of the PPS versus a Rb standard.
One measurement was done with a roof top GPS antenna, the other with the
antenna at an east facing window.
The difference is striking. Where the phase of rooftop antenna
measurement has very little phase wandering at all (the Rb is a bit out
of tune)
the phase with the east facing antenna wandered 6e-7 s in 30 minutes.
(see attached phase plot)
My location is several hundred kilometers south of Hadrian's wall and
one  timezone to the east.
Erik.