[time-nuts] effect of position accuracy on PPS

Mete Balci metebalci at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 14:07:53 UTC 2022

Hello,

When the GPS receiver (particularly talking about the ublox T series) is in
fixed time mode, I wonder about the sensitivity of PPS to the accuracy of
position given to the receiver. I have a pretty bad location for my GPS
antenna, so it cannot find a very accurate position (~10m at best, the
mobile phone reports ~5m at best). How obsessive should I be to try to find
the accurate location ? and what would be the effect of it, let's say if
there is a 10m error, how would the PPS be affected by this ? absolute
freq. error or higher jitter or something else ?

Mete