[time-nuts] Re: Measuring oscillators against GPS

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Sat Mar 12 17:13:29 UTC 2022

Hi

As everybody runs off to scoop up the NetRS gizmos on eBay:

Like a lot of gear, they have a flash memory card in them. That card is
(fortunately) removable. Some of the cards are well past their likely end
of life point. Just as with other devices, working out which card makes
them happy can involve some trial and error.

No, not a big deal. 1 GB CF cards aren’t crazy large anymore. In fact
they are getting more rare simply because they are obsolete. As old
as the NetRS is, that stack of unused cards you stockpiled back in
2006 probably will do just fine ….

They “expect” to run with a 12V antenna. The Trimble versions from
that era had ~50 db gain amps in them. A “modern” 3.3V 24 db gain
antenna running into 200’ of RG-58 may not be ideal for use with them.

Bob