[time-nuts] looking for MITREX modem manual/documentation

jeanmichel.friedt at femto-st.fr jeanmichel.friedt at femto-st.fr
Fri Mar 25 12:55:46 UTC 2022

Dear community,
I am trying to find historical documents describing the pseudo random sequences used
in the SATRE Two-Way Satellite Time and Frequency Transfer (TWSTFT) modem.
K. Imamura & F. Takahashi (Two Way Time Transfer Via a Geostationnary Satellite,
J. of the Comm. Research Lab., 39(1), March 1992) describe the code structure
(14-bit long pseudo random sequence truncated to 10000 bit length) but the
generator polynomial coefficients are not given. I have not been able to find this
information in Timetech's SATRE manual nor in the publicly available literature.
This paper cites "P. Hartl, A modem for microwave time and ranging experiments
via telecommunication satellites, MITREX2500 Manual, Jan 1989" which I am unable
to locate.
Would anyone have such a document, or at least could tell me whether the generator
polynomials are described there? Alternatively, does anyone have a description of these
14-bit polynomial generators?

Thanks, Jean-Michel

--
JM Friedt, FEMTO-ST Time & Frequency, 26 rue de l'Epitaphe, 25000 Besancon, France