[time-nuts] Re: Truetime DC-XL usable with Lady Heather?

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Fri Mar 25 19:55:27 UTC 2022

paul swed <paulswedb at gmail.com> writes:

> I thought there was a thread on this a long time ago. Don't seem to find
> it. But was Lady Heather usable with the truetime dcxl gps receiver. When I
> probe the dc-xl port it doesn't seem like it has atypical nema stream that
> would be useful.

Do you mean "XL-DC"?  I have one, and I used to get NMEA out of it for
ntpd.  ntpd decoded the NMEA just fine, starting in 1997 or so (on a
sparc IPX running NetBSD)

Are you getting NMEA but finding it deficient?   Or not getting NMEA?

It is possible NMEA was an option; Truetime and the XL series seems to
have lots of options.  (Mine has 1 PPS and a 10 MHz out.)