[time-nuts] Oscilloquartz BVA 8600-3, Turn-on hysteresis or parasitic resonances?

Ulf Kylenfall ulf_r_k at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 27 12:23:32 UTC 2022

Greetings forum,
I have an Oscilloquarz BVA 8600-3 that exhibits an erratic behavior (?)
after having been power cycled.
The frequency error following such a cycle is in the order of200 milliHerz. Bringing the oscillator back to (at least) E-11(compared to a GPS-locked HP105B or my 5065A
requires retuning. Both Coarse (Internal pot) and adjustment of theexternal control voltage.

My question is if this is normal or if the oscillator has gottenstuck in a parasitic resonance. Oven Thermistor reportsa stable temperature of about +80 Celsius.

Best Regards
Ulf KylenfallSM6GXV